Commercial Property Assistant
SMC Brownill Vickers is looking for a Property Assistant to join our team and work in our busy Sheffield office. SMC Brownill Vickers are the regions largest full service independent firm of Chartered Surveyors and property consultants.
We are looking for someone who enjoys:
- Office based admin support work, that is commercial property specific
- Work variety
- Actively contributing to office productivity by assisting and organising others
- Taking responsibility and ownership of work
- Spotting opportunities to improve efficiency
- Social media and digital marketing
- Customer Service
- An informal, friendly, and supportive office environment, with regular office outings.
The Commercial Property Assistant will provide administrative and technical support reporting into the Director of Building Surveying with some additional responsibilities to assist in the wider business.
The responsibilities will be:
- Deal with incoming calls in a professional manner directing to relevant department/ person
- Take responsibility for calls for the Building Surveying Department.
- Deal with enquiries for Building Surveying services – you will ideally have some knowledge of the different types of service and reports that Building Surveyors provide to be able to answer basic queries, manage quote requests.
- Prepare quotes and Terms of Engagement correspondence, and send out to clients.
- Manage the web-based job tracking and electronic filing system for Building Surveying work.
- Set up jobs, monitor their progress by the Building Surveyors & prompt on due dates, check completed reports for grammar/formatting, etc and issue to the client.
- Invoicing (prepare and send).
- Manage the Building Surveyors appointments and diary, including arranging site visits, booking Drone/Cherrypicker/access equipment, or booking other specialist advisors
- Assist the Building Surveyor in preparing and issuing reports (including Building Surveys, Schedules of Dilapidation, Specifications of Work or Tender documents, Building Works Contracts and Certificates, Reinstatement Valuations). This may include some typing from notes or dictation.
- Review lease documents and prepare summaries of key repair responsibilities.
- The candidate will have some previous experience of working in a multi-faceted property consultancy, Operations, Marketing or PA role – ideally some Building Surveying experience/knowledge, though this is not essential.
- Ideally the candidate will have a basic understanding of technical terms used in property and/or building, and be familiar with leases. However, training will be given.
- Office IT Skills – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Adobe
- Social Media and Digital Marketing skills – creating exciting, meaningful and quality content to maximise interest in and promote our business, promote brand awareness, content marketing, engagement and lead generation for the business as a whole.
- Organised, hardworking and proactive.
- Excellent customer service being polite and personable
- Confidence to deal with new things, learn and take responsibility, and work independently albeit as part of a wider team.
- Someone with an eye for detail and quality who is able to work in a professional and discreet manner
SMC Brownill Vickers are a multi-discipline Chartered Surveyors and Property Consultancy undertaking property agency, valuations, surveys and real estate investment management. We have offices in Sheffield and Barnsley with the role being based within Sheffield city centre.
We are willing to offer the successful candidate –
- a competitive salary
- contributory pension
- 25 days annual leave
- working hours: Monday-Friday 9am until 5pm
Please send your CV to email@example.com